One of the most popular types of baking is charlotte. This delicacy is universal, because you can cook it at any time - both in summer and in winter: fresh apples can always be found in such a delicious pie. Most often, housewives use a biscuit for delicious baking (in the old days they said - biscuit products) or yeast dough, but it is shortbread that perfectly harmonizes with fresh fruits, emphasizing the wonderful acidity and unique apple flavor.
Charlotte in the oven with meringue and nuts
Amazing pastries, covered with delicate meringue, will not leave indifferent any gourmet sweet tooth. Wonderful for both everyday evening tea drinking in the family circle, and for a festive dessert.
- 40 g walnuts;
- 1 apple
- 150 g apple jam;
- 1 g of citric acid;
- 130 g of powdered sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- 120 g of granulated sugar;
- 190 g butter;
- 500 g of flour.
- Make crushed flour from the seeded flour by adding butter and sugar. It’s best to do it with your hands: you get the perfect friable mass.
- After adding the yolks, knead the soft dough, put in the cold, not forgetting to wrap with cling film.
- Cut the apple without the peel and core into small identical slices. Grind nuts with a rolling pin or blender.
- Put the circle rolled out of the dough into the prepared form (greased), press it with a fork to the bottom and edges.
- Evenly distribute the jam on the test. Spread the apple slices and gently push the jam into the layer. Sprinkle generously with nuts.
- Cook in the oven (180 degrees) until the edges begin to become browned.
- While the charlotte is in the oven, beat the whites, in the process adding citric acid and powdered sugar.
- Take out the charlotte, carefully lay out the meringue. Flatten with a spatula, trying not to disturb the structure. Send back and cook until the meringue begins to brown.
Delicate apple charlotte in a slow cooker
The combination of juicy apples with soft shortcrust pastry framed by a light vanilla flavor is something special. To prepare a delicious dessert in a multicooker is simpler than simple, every housewife will easily master the entire baking technology.
- 200 gr. decoys;
- 160 gr wheat flour;
- 180 gr. granulated sugar;
- 800 gr. apples
- 200 gr. butter;
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar.
- Take a deep bowl, mix flour with sugar, semolina, and vanilla sugar in it.
- Add the chopped butter in slices. Mash everything thoroughly until you get fine sand crumbs.
- Rinse apples, cut into two, remove the core. It is not necessary to cut the peel from the fruit, then you can cut the apples in arbitrary pieces.
- Smear the bottom of the multicooker with butter, evenly spread a third of the prepared shortcrust pastry.
- Next will be a layer of apple slices (1/2 of the total). Place half of the remaining dough on top of the apples.
- Now you need to place the remaining fruit and sprinkle them with sand crumbs.
- Place the bowl inside the multicooker, select the “Baking” program lasting 1 hour 20 minutes. After the specified time, let the finished charlotte cool completely with the multicook open, and then put the dessert on the dish.
- Before serving, sprinkle sand cake with apples with powdered sugar.
To keep the taste of charlotte balanced, use sweet and sour apples, a pleasant fruit sourness will perfectly shade the sweetness of shortcrust pastry.
The simplest recipe for shortcrust pastry and apples, available to any housewife. Despite the ease of preparation, the baking is perfect - moderately sweet, crumbly and aromatic, which is due to apples. Of course, every housewife can show some imagination and put your favorite fruit. But traditionally such a cake is made with apples.
- 250 g margarine;
- 480 g flour;
- 500 g of apples;
- 50 g of powdered sugar;
- 18 g baking powder for dough;
- 2 eggs;
- 190 g of sugar.
- Using a grater with large holes, rub the margarine. It is better if it is slightly frozen. Grind with baking powder and flour into small crumbs.
- Beat eggs with sugar, pour into a friable mass from flour with margarine. Knead the dough, it should be a little sticky.
- Divide the finished dough into two parts (unequal). In the smaller one, add some more flour and send both parts to the refrigerator.
- Using flour or crackers and vegetable oil, prepare a baking dish.
- Stretch most of the dough with your hands over the entire shape, certainly forming sides. Fill with chopped apples.
- Rub a smaller portion of the dough on top. It is not necessary to press, it should lie loose and airy.
- Bake a little less than an hour, focusing on the capabilities of the oven.
Cool the finished charlotte a little, sprinkle it with plenty of powder.
"Polish" with cinnamon
Delicate shortcrust pastry and fragrant apple filling make this charlotte a real work of culinary art. A simple detailed recipe will allow you to easily cope with the preparation, and the result will satisfy the most fastidious gourmet.
- 40 g of lemon juice;
- 30 g of potato starch;
- 15 g of cinnamon;
- 60 ml of water;
- 700 g jalbok;
- 50 g sour cream;
- 6 egg yolks;
- 300 g margarine;
- 500 g sugar powder;
- 20 g baking powder for dough;
- 800 g of flour.
- shredded vanilla crackers.
- Dice the peeled apples and simmer in a saucepan under a lid together with half the icing sugar (can be replaced with natural honey) for a quarter of an hour.
- Put cinnamon, starch in boiling apples, pour lemon juice.
- Sift flour, icing sugar and baking powder. Knead the dough with chopped margarine, yolks and sour cream.
- Divide the dough into two halves and send to cool for at least an hour.
- Put half the dough on a baking sheet, roll out and send to bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the dough out of the oven with plenty of breadcrumbs, put the apple filling with cinnamon, smooth.
- Cover with another part of the dough, pinch the edges.
- Finish charlotte for at least an hour, focusing on the baked surface of charlotte.
You can check the readiness with a sharp wooden stick.
Sand Charlotte with honey
The usual apple charlotte will turn out much tastier if you add a little honey while kneading the dough. Amazingly bright honey and apple aroma and great taste of homemade cakes will conquer even sophisticated gourmets.
- 600 gr apples
- 70 gr. honey;
- 150 gr. butter;
- 180 gr. Sahara;
- 320 gr wheat flour;
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar;
- 3 eggs;
- 12 gr. drinking soda.
- Put the butter in a bowl, melt it in a water bath.
- Peel the apples, remove the core, then cut into medium slices.
- Sift the required amount of wheat flour with soda through a sieve: this way you will be able to enrich these ingredients with oxygen, which will ensure the baking of lush and incredibly delicious charlotte.
- Beat chicken eggs well with granulated sugar and vanilla sugar. Enter the melted butter, liquid honey and mix thoroughly here.
- Gradually add flour with soda, kneading a thick dough without lumps. At the final stage of dough preparation, add apples and mix the contents of the bowl thoroughly.
- Lubricate the baking dish with butter, then put the prepared shortcrust pastry with fruit.
- Bake charlotte at 180 ° C for 40 minutes. Check the readiness of the cake with a toothpick.
- Let the shortcake cool down, then sprinkle it with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve.
Drinking soda can be replaced with a baking powder (1 teaspoon of soda - 3 teaspoons of baking powder).
Charlotte with Meringue
Very unusual charlotte, comparing favorably with similar pastries. Loose cake with a delicate layer of meringue soaked in delicious apple filling is ideal for fun get-togethers with friends. Previously, only biscuit pastries were combined with meringues, but now shortbread dough is complemented by such an original filling.
- 480 g flour;
- 5 apples;
- 20 g of soda (slaked vinegar);
- 3 eggs;
- 350 g of sugar;
- 220 g butter.
- Melt melted butter until white with 250 grams of sugar, yolks and soda.
- Add flour, make shortcrust pastry. Hands divide it into two even parts.
- Send half the dough to the freezer, roll the second part on a baking sheet.
- Remove the apples with a sharp knife from the peel and seeds, grate with large holes. Put the filling on the dough layer.
- Beat the whites thoroughly with the remaining sugar, put on the apple layer.
- Grate the frozen dough on top of the protein meringue.
- It takes 50 minutes to bake. at 180 degrees.
You can cook in a slow cooker, the “Baking” mode is ideal for making such a chic dessert.
The fragrance from such baking will certainly spread throughout the house, warning about the imminent tea party. Children will also be delighted with such a dish, because apples and raisins are their favorite goodies.
- 110 g of raisins;
- 800 g of apples;
- cinnamon, vanillin;
- 550 g flour (400 g per dough, 150 g for crumbs);
- 30 g of baking powder;
- 4 eggs;
- 275 g butter (175 g per dough, 100 g for crumbs);
- 290 g of sugar (180 g per dough, 110 g for crumbs).
- Mix flour, baking powder and oil (pre-melted). Add beaten eggs, sugar, vanillin.
- Roll out the dough on a baking sheet with a thin layer.
- Peel the apples, cut into thin slices, spread evenly on the dough, sprinkle with raisins, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Hand rub the remaining sugar, butter and flour into a small crumbly mass, sprinkle plenty of charlotte.
- It takes 45 minutes to bake in a not too hot oven.
Shortcrust pastry apple pie (video)
These simple recipes will help novice housewives cook unusual apple cakes. Shortbread dough in cooking is the simplest, you don’t have to bother with it for a long time, and if done correctly, it directly melts in your mouth. Do not stop there, apples go well with many fruits or berries, basic recipes can be taken only as a basis and let your imagination go free!