Grapes “Relayns pink sidlis” is suitable for cultivation as a non-covering crop. “Reliance Seedless” is obtained by crossing grapes “Ontario” and “Suffolk Red”. The characteristics of this hybrid form correspond to the description of the originator, which is presented by the University of Arkansas, USA.
Grapes “Relayns pink sidlis” is the most frost-resistant hybrid form from the University of Arkansas. The bushes of this seedless grape are quite powerful and vigorous. The clusters are moderately dense, cylindrical-conical, weighing 300-350 g.
The berries are small, round, pink. The peel is strong, not thick, completely eaten. The pulp is juicy, pleasant, melting. Sugar content of berry juice is not more than 24%. The acidity of the juice is about 6-7 g / l. The average weight of the berries is 1.4-1.5 g. The total duration of the period from the phase of budding of buds to the full ripening of grapes of this variety does not exceed 105-110 days.
The ripening of the shoots is quite good, more than 80%. Productivity during the growing season reaches 120-150 kg / ha. The fruiting coefficient does not exceed 1.9. The number of fruitful shoots is up to 45%. The tasting score of fresh berries is 7.4 points, and the rating of dried produce is 7.6 points.
The hybrid pink sidlis grape hybrid form has a number of undeniable advantages that are highly valued by winegrowers:
- early maturity;
- seedless variety, very small rudiments;
- high taste indices;
- universal use;
- the ability to cultivate as an uncultivated crop;
- high sugar content;
- resistance to mildew 3.5 points;
- resistance to oidium 3.5-4.0 points;
- frost resistance reaches -27 ° C.
The disadvantages include the fact that during excessively rainy weather during the ripening phase the berries may crack.
Grapes “Relayns pink sidlis”: features of the variety (video)
Saplings of "Relayns pink sidlis" can be planted both in the autumn (October-November), and in the spring (April-May) period. Standard landing rules:
- the place for planting grapes should be sunny, open and protected from the wind;
- clay loamy soils, low carbonate or carbonate, as well as stony soils are considered good for grape culture;
- before planting, grape seedlings are soaked for 12-24 hours in clean water, and then all old, dried and damaged roots are cut;
- if the grapes are planted in the autumn, then at least 3-4 weeks should remain until stable frosts;
- prepared grape seedlings can be planted in special trenches or planting pits;
- grape rows are preferably arranged from south to north. For planting grapes dig small pits 0.8x0.8x0.8 meters in size or 1x1x1 meter;
- drainage made of stones or broken bricks is laid at the bottom of the trench or pit, which is especially true for the proximity of groundwater;
- in the landing hole, an embankment from fertile and moist soil should be made, and then gently straighten the root system of the established grape seedling;
- initially, fertilizers are laid in the pit when planting a seedling, then it is necessary to combine watering with root top dressing.
It is important to remember that woody one-year-old seedlings are planted in mid-spring, preferably in April-May. Vegetative green plants are planted in late spring and early summer, around May-June. After planting, you need to not only water the plants abundantly, but also attach the seedlings to the support, and then lay the mulching layer around the stem.
Grapes with the beautiful name “Relins pink sidlis” require the following regular care when growing:
- prevention of grapes from diseases and pests is mandatory and consists in the use of insectofungicides in accordance with the attached instructions;
- Before treating vineyards with special preparations in the spring such as Bordeaux Liquid, Iron Sulphate and Ridomil from diseases and pests, it is necessary to tie up the plants on trellises;
- the first water-charging irrigation is carried out immediately after dry tying of grapes, and it is recommended to combine it with fertilizing plants with ammonium nitrate solution;
- the main amount of watering and top dressing should fall on the period of active spring vegetation, and in the middle of July it is necessary to complete any top dressing and watering;
- in hot summers, mulching is one of the best ways to protect the soil in the vineyard from excessive evaporation of moisture and active growth of weeds;
- the load on each bush is about 45-50 eyes, and with the planting scheme of grape seedlings 3 × 1.5 m, the trim length should be at the level of 6-8 eyes.
Only the right autumn preparation will allow the vine to ensure a safe wintering. Despite sufficient frost resistance, in the middle zone of Russia and the more northern regions of viticulture, this hybrid form should not be covered in winter. The most affordable and common way to shelter the vines after autumn pruning is the dry method.
It is important to consider that during the winter thaw, water should not accumulate where the vine is buried. In addition, the shelter should be systematically aired in conditions of low snow and warm winters, which will protect the plants from aging.
Reviews of winegrowers
Grapes with the name "Reliance Seedless" has a good affinity with rootstock Kober-5BB. According to most amateur gardeners and professional winegrowers, the variety has excellent taste and is perfect for growing in almost any climatic conditions.
How to plant grapes (video)
This variety is suitable for making juices and drying, since rudiments from grape seeds are extremely rare. Judging by the reviews, the Reliance Seedless variety is characterized as very winter-hardy, with excellent adaptation to adverse factors and very undemanding in care. Subject to cultivation technology, the yield from year to year is very stable and high.