More and more housewives prefer to opt for kitchen utensils made of silicone. This is due to the practicality of the material, as well as its long term of use. Baking dishes are no exception. Numerous reviews on the forums say that silicone oven molds have several advantages, among which are: easy use at high temperatures, elasticity, a variety of shapes and sizes, non-stick, some people claim safety for health. Is it really so?
Silicone baking dishes allow you to cook desserts without the use of oil. Silicone is highly resistant to temperatures up to +240 degrees.
The dense structure of the material withstands about 2000 baking.
Many people think that such forms are harmful to health, but this is not so. When used correctly, silicone does not emit any harmful substances in food.
Types of Silicone Bakeware
The main difference between silicone molds from each other is their purpose.
When baking cupcakes, it is better to pay attention to small sets of identical containers (usually there are 6 pieces in a set), and a form that is a single canvas is also a good option: you can make several magnificent desserts at once on it.
The main advantage of the forms located on the same sheet is that all baked goods will be cooked at the same temperature.
A wide volume range allows you to choose the best option for each family member. So, for children it is better to choose small molds, and for adults - larger ones.
For large baking
For cupcakes having a large size, you should use rectangular long or round with a hole in the middle of the forms. This will reduce the thickness of the cake for easy preparation, or help it bake in the middle.
Of great interest are containers in the form of flowers, objects, animals, fruits. Also of interest are detachable silicone molds. Usually they are made with a ceramic bottom to facilitate the process of removing the finished dessert from the mold.
Other silicone accessories
Such accessories are very convenient at several stages in the preparation of desserts.
For kneading dough.
Silicone mats help knead the dough without sticking to the table. Here flour will be needed only then to prevent sticking of the dough to the hands. The main advantage of many rugs is the marking applied to their surface for even rolling of the dough layers. There are rugs with a voluminous texture that help the hostess create an interesting pattern on the surface of the pie.
You can also use silicone rugs in the oven. For this, the accessory should be placed on a baking sheet, and already put the future dessert on it. Before baking such a mat does not require oil treatment. This use is due to the fact that washing a silicone mat is much easier than baking sheets.
How to choose and care.
The whole care of this thing is that it only needs to be cleaned after use with running water, detergent and a soft sponge.
When buying a rug, you need to pay attention to several factors:
- It is better not to choose cheap products for purchase, as they can be harmful to human health.
- To make dessert bake faster and better, you need a mat with a thickness of up to 4 millimeters.
- After the purchase, you must hold the mat in the oven for 2 hours at a temperature of 240 degrees.
Thanks to the use of siliconized paper, the pastries do not burn. Unlike parchment, it does not stick to dessert. Also a plus of this accessory is its 100% natural composition.
This paper can withstand up to 6 uses in the oven.
The sheets allow you to roll out the dough of uniform thickness. On such paper, it is convenient to move the prepared cake into the oven, since it can be baked directly on the sheet. This will also prevent contamination of pans.
There are several tips that will help to reveal the functionality of the silicone mold, as well as its safety during cooking.
- Pouring the prepared dough is required in a form that is installed on a baking sheet, otherwise the dough can leak out, since silicone is a flexible material.
- Tanks made of such material can be used not only in the oven, but also in the freezer. This is due to the fact that silicone can withstand temperatures from -40 to +240 degrees.
- At the first use it is necessary to lubricate the mold with oil, and further processing is optional. Before each use, the mold must be washed with a dishwashing liquid. For the first time, the container must be washed well and rinsed with boiling water.
- Cooking desserts using silicone containers does not differ from cooking in ceramic, glass or metal dishes. But in them only the top is reddened, and the walls and bottom of the baking have a rather moist structure.
- After cooking, baking must be removed from the oven and left in shape for about 7 minutes. If the dessert is stuck, it is necessary to turn the edges of the mold in the opposite direction, and with the help of a spatula to separate the cooked cake from it. Do not use metal cutlery, as they may pierce the product.
- Bakeware can also be used to prepare second courses in the oven. But for this, preference should be given to larger containers. The optimal solution for such a dish would be a round mold about 25-30 centimeters in diameter.
- With all the abundance of various patterns, it is better to choose a minimum of thread and small details on the form, so that in the future there will be no problems with removing baking. It is also worth considering that small parts on the mold are very difficult to wash after cooking.
- To wash the dried dough, you need to soak a container of silicone for 10 minutes in water having a cool temperature. After this, the water is poured out, and the form is turned out and wiped with a soft sponge.
- For ease of storage, all accessories for the oven can be folded so that they do not take up much space. They quickly take their original shape when straightened, do not undergo deformation and do not crease.
- You can use the forms in the microwave only provided that it is completely dry. It is also worth considering that the edges of the container should not be in contact with the walls of this household appliance.
Mostly baking dishes are used for making muffins. There are many recipes for this dessert, which is baked using silicone molds.
What is required:
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 190 grams of sugar sand;
- incomplete faceted glass of 15% sour cream;
- three quarters of a package of butter;
- a little baking powder;
- faceted glass of flour;
- a couple of handfuls of raisins.
How to cook:
- The flour is sifted.
- Raisins are washed and dried with a towel.
- Oil is heated in a water bath.
- Eggs are beaten with sour cream and sugar, and then oil is poured into this mixture.
- Flour mixed with baking powder is poured into the egg fluid.
- The dough is gently kneaded, and then raisins are added to it.
- If silicone molds are used for the first time, they must be lubricated with oil.
- Capacities are filled with the test for two-thirds of the volume.
- Muffins are baked in the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees for about half an hour.
What is required:
- 3 full faceted glasses of flour;
- two-thirds of the packaging of butter;
- half a glass of milk;
- packaging of dry yeast;
- some salt;
- half a glass of raisins;
- a handful of candied fruits;
- 5 eggs;
- some vanillin.
How to cook:
- Raisins are washed and steamed with boiling water for several minutes.
- Milk is heated, and then yeast is poured into it.
- The oil is melted in a water bath.
- Flour is mixed with sugar and baking powder.
- Milk and butter are poured into the flour. The whole mixture is thoroughly kneaded until a homogeneous consistency is obtained.
- Pre-beaten eggs are poured into the mixture, vanillin is poured.
- Dried fruits are poured into the dough.
- Silicone molds are filled with a prepared dough for two-thirds. The top of future cupcakes is oiled.
- They are baked for 45 minutes in the oven.
The surface of the cupcakes can be decorated with chocolate chips.
Cottage Cheese Cupcakes
What is required:
- 250 grams of low-fat cottage cheese;
- butter packing;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- incomplete faceted glass of granulated sugar;
- a couple of tablespoons of starch;
- 160 grams of flour;
- a small amount of baking powder;
- a handful of raisins.
How to cook:
- Cottage cheese is mixed with sugar with a fork. Eggs and starch are driven into the curd mixture. Everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Softened oil is added to the mixture, flour and baking powder are sifted.
- Raisins are washed, soaked in boiling water.
- Raisins are poured into the curd dough, everything is mixed.
- The dough is poured into molds and baked in the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
Instead of raisins, you can add another favorite ingredient to the cupcakes, for example, berries, nuts, chocolate. So the dessert will turn out with a richer taste and will become a favorite treat for every member of the family.
Silicone forms: examination (video)
Silicone baking dishes are a godsend for housewives, as they not only simplify the cooking process, but also save time on washing dishes after it. This material is not only convenient and practical to use, but also harmless to health.