Charlotte does not always serve as a dessert; she also has another role, more significant, in the dinner version: with cabbage. The dough in this case is also liquid, and it is prepared most often with mayonnaise. Mistresses love to cook such charlotte, because it always turns out to be successful, without any problems.
Why on mayonnaise? Because it plays the same role for charlotte as whipped whites for pancakes: the dough becomes porous and airy. In addition, the presence of mayonnaise makes the cake more fragile, delicate and delicate.
Many housewives today are hostile to mayonnaise, even insulting for a wonderful recipe for French sauce. The presence of numerous E in it, of course, does not add popularity, no doubt. But nothing prevents you from cooking this sauce yourself.
Mayonnaise consists in the classic case of vegetable oil, yolks and lemon juice, it is easy to beat it with a mixer - it takes a few minutes. Make the sauce at home, and put it in the cabbage charlotte. You yourself will see what an incomparable dish you will succeed!
The dough for cabbage charlotte is customary to cook on mayonnaise, kefir and sour cream. If you take only kefir, the dough will turn out less greasy and with a neutral taste. Mayonnaise adds calories, but the taste of the pie becomes much more interesting, and he himself - more magnificent and richer.
Features cabbage filling
In order for cabbage charlotte to really turn out to be successful, one must carefully consider the filling. As a rule, there is a lot of it in the pie, and taste depends on it in the first place.
Cabbage can be very young, then the cake will turn out unusually tender. But the old, stale will go, it just needs to be cooked longer for baking. The taste of charlotte with mature, elderly cabbage will turn out to be more saturated, and the pie itself - more satisfying.
The treatment of cabbage of different ages is different.
- Young forks can be laid raw, chopped and slightly squeezed in the palms. If you put it out, then not at all for long, about 10 minutes.
- Ordinary cabbage, which is no longer considered young, is either scalded with boiling water and allowed to stand for 10 minutes, or simmer in a frying pan until soft.
- Charlotte made from cabbage stewed in milk has a particularly delicate taste. The cabbage is chopped and fried in butter, then a little milk is poured into it. Stew for 30 minutes.
- It is not necessary to take only white cabbage. We tried the stove with both Beijing and Savoy. Such cabbage is softer, it is not necessary to extinguish it, it is enough to mash with salt. It is supposed to season it with dill, caraway seeds, cardamom or nutmeg. But do not overdo it.
- The cabbage filling can be supplemented by putting boiled or fried meat, rice, mushrooms with onions and carrots, herbs, chicken, sausages, bell peppers, grated cheese and more. Cabbage goes well with boiled eggs, so in many recipes they go with her in company. And various additives to the filling completely change the taste of charlotte, therefore, without changing the dough, you can pamper your home with a pleasant variety.
- Dough and filling, if we are talking about cabbage charlotte, it is better to lay out in layers: dough, then filling, then dough again. The pie then has a more solid appearance, and it is baked better, has a beautiful crust on both sides.
Let's move on to specific recipes.
Charlotte on mayonnaise with cabbage and boiled eggs
- cabbage - ½ head of cabbage;
- flour, 1 tbsp .;
- 3 tbsp. l mayonnaise;
- baking powder - 2 tsp;
- eggs in the dough - 3 pcs.;
- eggs for filling - 5 pcs.;
- 1 pinch of salt;
- 200 ml of sour cream;
- 1 onion;
- fresh or dried dill;
How to cook:
- Shred the cabbage, peel and chop the onion. Fry the onion in a pan, then add the cabbage to it. It is necessary to darken them together on a low fire, so that the cabbage is softened. If the head is stale, stiff, then you have to keep the vegetables under the lid for about 40 minutes. When the cabbage slices soften and settle in a frying pan, you need to add dill, chopped or dried.
- Boil hard-boiled eggs and cut them into cubes. When the cabbage and onions are ready, mix them with eggs, pepper and salt. Turn on the oven.
- For the test, mix mayonnaise, sour cream and eggs. This is done in a mixer, flour with baking powder is also added there.
- Cover the bottom of the form with parchment, put the filling on it and fill it with dough on top. Charlotte is baked for 40 minutes until browned.
Salt must be put carefully, as some varieties of mayonnaise are brackish.
Charlotte with cabbage on mayonnaise and kefir
- young white cabbage - ½ head;
- 200 g of flour;
- baking soda - ½ tsp;
- 100 ml of mayonnaise;
- carrot - 1 pc.;
- 150 ml of kefir;
- 3 eggs;
Kefir tells the test tenderness, but only fresh. The fresher the kefir, the dough will be more magnificent and tender.
- We put soda in kefir, let it go out. Mix the eggs with mayonnaise, add, then mix with kefir and flour. The dough should be homogeneous, in density - as for fritters.
- Three large carrots, fry in a pan. Fry chopped cabbage with carrots, salt and, waiting for the vegetables to be fully cooked, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover the bottom of the form with parchment paper, grease and sprinkle with flour. First, put a little dough on the bottom, less than half. Spread cabbage with carrots on top, level and pour the rest of the dough. Bake in the oven or in the slow cooker. This quick recipe is difficult to spoil, it almost always turns out.
Charlotte cabbage with meat in a slow cooker
- shredded cabbage - 300 g;
- flour - 1 tbsp .;
- mayonnaise - 250 g;
- baking soda - 1 tsp;
- sour cream - ½ tbsp .;
- 2 medium onions;
- 6 eggs;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- boiled meat - 300 g;
- 3 boiled eggs.
- Stew the cabbage until soft, turn the meat in a meat grinder. Onion, chopped, separately fry in oil. We cut the boiled eggs into cubes. Mix the cabbage with meat, eggs and onions, salt and pepper to taste - we get the filling.
- Stir the soda in sour cream, observe the extinction process that has begun. When the sour cream comes up, put mayonnaise in it, release the eggs, add the flour and salt. Whip all this into a homogeneous mixture and get a batter.
- Lubricate the bowl, put the filling in it and fill it with batter. We bake for 60 minutes, turning on the "Baking".
If the cake does not bake, add time.
Charlotte on mayonnaise with cabbage and tomato paste
- fresh shredded cabbage - 1 kg;
- flour - 450 g;
- mayonnaise - 1 tbsp .;
- thick tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l .;
- baking soda - ½ tsp;
- kefir - ½ tbsp .;
- 1 carrot;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt;
- melted butter - 300 g;
- fresh butter - 100 g;
Cooking like this:
- Melted butter. Throw soda in kefir and extinguish it. Then add mayonnaise, egg, pour in liquid oil and slightly add salt. Knead the dough gradually, adding flour. It turns out semi-liquid.
- Grind onions, three large carrots. Stew the cabbage in oil with onions and grated carrots, salt and pepper. When the cabbage reaches readiness, put tomato paste on it and knead it in the most thorough way. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes with tomato. You can add a little sugar for taste.
- Lubricate the baking dish. Pour a little dough to the bottom, lay out the whole filling, and then unload all the remaining dough onto it. We bake it. A golden crust forms on top as the cake is ready.
Be sure to lubricate the mold with butter, not vegetable oil. From this charlotte will get a pleasant milky creamy flavor.
Charlotte on mayonnaise with sauerkraut in a whip
- sauerkraut with brine - 2 tbsp .;
- flour - 1½ tbsp .;
- soda - 1 tsp;
- mayonnaise - 100 g (can be replaced with ghee);
- Bulgarian pepper;
- greens - 1 bunch;
- 2 eggs of chicken;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l
- We start by whipping eggs and a glass of sugar. Then add mayonnaise and beat again.
- In the whipped mixture, lay the cabbage in brine. Finely chop the pepper and put into the general mixture, add chopped greens there.
- All this is thoroughly mixed, after which we pour the flour and soda, knead again. We get the dough with the filling, charlotte billet. It represents a mass not liquid, but mobile.
- It remains to grease the form, sprinkle with flour, semolina or crackers and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. The cake is tall and beautiful, such as in the photo.
You can cook such charlotte in a slow cooker by turning on the "Baking" mode. It will also be very tasty.
The fact is that this recipe is special. Sugar will slightly extinguish the acid of sauerkraut, and in combination with brine will give the cake a peculiar piquant taste.
Charlotte with cabbage: a quick recipe (video)
Here are such different charlotte can be prepared both in the oven and in the slow cooker, using cabbage instead of apples. This pie is light, tasty, and has success both at the family meal and in any company. And the hostess can be proud of excellent pastries.