The Zolotovorotskaya pear, or Zolotovorotskaja, was obtained by crossing the varieties Parisian and Olivier de Serre. This variety was developed by the specialists of the Lviv Experimental Station together with experienced breeders of the UAAN Gardening Institute.
The pear "Zolotovorotskaya" refers to early varieties of early winter consumption, and the description of this variety allows us to evaluate it as high-yielding and adapted for home gardening.
Description and features of the variety
The pear of the so far little-known variety "Zolotovorotskaya" is medium-sized, with large, round, rounded-shaped fruits. As a rule, the average weight of the fetus varies between 235-265 g. However, under conditions of high agricultural technology, the weight of the fetus reaches 320-330 g.
Very tasty and juicy, oily, without granularity, the flesh is covered with a golden yellow skin. The surface of a ripe fruit has a significant amount of coarse rust. The palatability of the fruit is excellent. The taste is pleasant, sour-sweet, with a mild almond aroma.
Removable fruit ripeness occurs in the first half of October. In an ordinary household refrigerator, the fruits are very well preserved until mid-spring and absolutely do not lose their taste.
Pear "Zolotovorotskaya": features of the variety (video)
The laying of fruit plantations of the Zolotovorotskaya pear variety is recommended in the autumn period, immediately after harvesting the previous crops. The optimal planting time for pear seedlings in autumn is about a month before the steady freezing of the soil occurs. In the spring, planting is carried out a week after complete thawing of the soil on the site. The standard rules for planting pear seedlings, regardless of the timing of planting, are as follows:
- the landing area is subject to deep digging with the addition of basic fertilizers in the form of 6-8 kg of compost, 50 g of superphosphate and 25 g of potassium salt per square meter. m;
- the soil in the area intended for planting fruit seedlings should be sufficiently loose and provide optimal air exchange of the root system of plants;
- the size of the planting pit should be selected based on the volume of the root system of the planted plants;
- at a distance of 25 cm from the central part of the planting pit, it is necessary to drive in a wooden stake to which the trunk of the seedling will be tied;
- for the right direction of growth and formation of a young fruit plant, a support peg is needed;
- when planting, the plant should be set to elevation in the planting pit, so that the root neck rises about 5 cm above the ground.
The planted plant must be watered very carefully, and the soil in the trunk circles should be mulched with rotted manure or quality humus. At the last stage, the trunk of the tree must be neatly tied to the supporting peg with twine or a ribbon of soft tissue.
When growing a pear called Zolotovorotskaya, special attention should be paid to the following care measures:
- Pears are moisture-loving plants, therefore, throughout the entire growing season, the plant may experience a lack of moisture, especially at the stage of intensive growth of the vegetative mass and in the phase of fruit filling.
- When watering, at least 20-30 buckets of water should be spent on each plant and periodic irrigation of fruit stands should be carried out.
- For good pollination and abundant fruiting, it is recommended to have at least two inter-pollinated varieties of pears in orchards or to vaccinate two varieties on one crown of a fruit tree.
- When forming the crown of a pear of this variety, it is recommended to give preference to such forms as palmette or sparse-tiered.
- In the second year after planting, organic fertilizers should be applied at least once every three years and annual mineral fertilizers should be applied.
- Processing the crown of the fruiting tree in the spring with a 2% urea solution helps to strengthen the plant's immunity and well increases its yield.
- Of great importance are the preventive treatment of fruit stands from damage by scab, rust, moniliosis, bacterial cancer, cytosporosis and fruit rot.
Reviews of gardeners and gardeners
Pear "Zolotovorotskaya" refers to early varieties with high yields. The plant is characterized by relative resistance to scab damage. Winter hardiness for cultivation in soil and climatic conditions of central Russia is not always sufficient. Wood is more resistant to temperature conditions than the buds of a plant. Reviews of gardeners and gardeners about this variety are currently very mixed.
How to water a pear (video)
Many gardeners highly value the Zolotovorotskaya pear for its good winter hardiness, excellent taste, which is estimated at 4.8-5 points on the tasting scale and the possibility of long-term storage of the crop. However, there are also summer residents disappointed in this variety, which is due to the tendency of the fruit plant to be affected by scab and the rather unattractive appearance of the harvested crop.