"Lizonka" is a domestic hybrid of large-fruited remontant garden strawberries with excellent characteristics. This variety is famous for the optimal ratio of productivity and unpretentiousness, which is why it is very popular among gardeners.
Strawberry garden "Lizonka" refers to ultra-ripe, high-yielding and large-fruited hybrid forms. It ripens a couple of weeks earlier than other early varieties, and also has the longest and most fruitful fruiting period.
Variety blooming, flowers are bright pink, with the scent of garden violets. Peduncles are very evenly distributed throughout the strawberry bush. Often, "Lizonka" is used as a balcony or ampelous culture.
Characteristics of berries
The variety forms very attractive dark red berries - dense, with a magnificent delicate and sweet taste, as well as a pronounced berry aroma. The average weight of one berry is 30-40 g.
During one season, with each strawberry bush, subject to growing technology and proper care, you can collect about 2.5 kg of berries. The value of the hybrid form is its high resistance to soaking and damage by gray rot. Also, the variety is characterized by abundant fruiting, even in rainy and not warm enough summers.
Currently, both the classic method of growing strawberries and seed cultivation are widely used. Both methods are quite simple, but in order to get a good result, you should adhere to the basic rules.
Harvest strawberries: varieties, planting dates (video)
Seed growing technology
Growing strawberries from seeds is currently gaining particular popularity. At home, it is very convenient to sow the seeds of garden strawberries in peat tablets. However, the following highly effective technique is most often used:
- - the seed material is laid out on a wet towel and covered with a plastic bag, and then placed in the warmest place; with sufficient moisture, the seeds hatch after about a week;
- when the sprouts reach a sufficient height, they are planted in the ground. The soil mixture for planting should be loose and fertile, as well as undergo pre-sowing disinfection with high temperature or a solution of potassium permanganate;
- sprouts are very carefully planted in the prepared soil at a standard distance of 2-3 cm from each other. It is very convenient for growing seedlings to use indoor mini-greenhouses, which make it easy to maintain optimal microclimatic conditions;
- after a couple of months, the plants are carefully picked into individual planting containers.
- in the spring, a gradual hardening of strawberry seedlings is carried out: plants on warm days are taken outside, gradually increasing the time they spend in the fresh air;
- after warm weather is established and the threat of late spring frosts passes, strawberry seedlings are planted in a permanent place in the open ground. In the early days, it is advisable to shade plants to protect them from sunburn and help them adapt faster and take root.
We recommend reading about other repairing strawberry varieties on the page //teplichniku.ru/klubnika/chto-predstavliaet-soboi-remontantnaia-klubnika-i-kak-ee-vyrashchivat
Rules for the care of large-fruited strawberries
Care for Strawberry Lizonka must begin in the spring before the soil surface is completely cleared of snow. Covering strawberry plantations along arcs with garden wrap or non-woven material, you can approximate the harvest time for early berries by about a week. Large-fruited garden strawberries need careful care, which consists of the following procedures:
- removal of any plants shading strawberries, since this variety is demanding on lighting;
- carrying out frequent and plentiful watering during the growing season;
- fertilizer 2-3 times for the entire growing season, better than organic. Often they use high-quality humus or compost, with which strawberry ridges are mulched;
- top dressing not only with nitrogen, but also with potassium, since large-fruited strawberries are extremely demanding on soil fertility;
- spraying strawberries with such effective and modern means as Fundazol, Haupsin, Metaxil and Quadris to protect against diseases and pests.
Care for large strawberry remontant in the autumn is carried out in the same way as for small fruit.
Absolutely all varieties of repairing strawberries require high-quality agricultural technology and regular watering and top dressing with appropriate fertilizers, and Lizonka is no exception. According to gardeners, this variety blooms with beautiful pink flowers, and bears fruit until the frost. Strawberry bushes look very impressive not only on garden ridges, but also on flower beds or flower beds. Large and fragrant berries "Lizonki" ripen very early.
How to plant strawberries with seeds (video)
Experienced gardeners recommend in March, directly in the snow, to feed plants with nitrogen fertilizers in order to get the most abundant crop. In addition, in the middle zone of Russia, the variety tolerates winter well, almost without loss, which makes it even more popular.