When the canning season is in full swing, the question arises of how to roll cucumbers for the winter. One of the simplest and fastest ways is to do without sterilization. Thus, you do not need to work with banks first, and the roll turns out to be quite tasty. Below will be presented several types of preservation of cucumbers without sterilization.
Delicious crispy cucumbers
This method is intended for 1.5-liter cans into which about 700 ml of water will be poured.
Components for canning:
- medium-sized cucumbers - 15 pcs.;
- 2 bay leaves;
- about 5 peas of black pepper;
- green leaves for preservation;
- dill umbrellas - 2 pcs.;
- a pair of cloves of garlic;
- sugar and salt - 30 g each;
- vinegar - 40 g.
- First you need to put water on the stove so that it boils. At this time, you can start cooking cucumbers and rinse the cans for canning.
- In washed cans, put greens (dill, leaves, bay leaf), garlic and pepper.
- Washed cucumbers should be put or put in a jar.
- It is better to put the jars on a surface of metal, and then fill everything with boiled water, cover with lids and leave for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain the water into a container, boil it again.
- While the water is boiling, pour into the banks and fill in the remaining components.
- When the water began to boil, you need to again fill it with cucumbers and close the cans with iron lids.
- When the banks are closed, they should be put in a prepared place. It should be put upside down so that the cans are on the lids, cover with a blanket or a winter jacket.
Leave preservation warm for about 24 hours.
Quick and easy way
Cucumbers used to be salted. Thanks to the fermentation effect, they could stand all winter. This recipe was called "in a rustic way", but it is bad in that it took about 4 days to cook the cucumbers. The method below is in no way inferior in taste, but cooks several times faster.
Components for cooking (proportions for 3-liter containers):
- cucumbers - 1.5-2 kg;
- chili pepper - 1 pc.;
- several leaves for preservation;
- dill flowers with a stalk - 2 pcs.;
- salt - 30 g;
- sugar and vinegar - 15 g each;
- one middle head of garlic.
For spices you will need:
- dried cloves - 6 pcs.;
- six peas of black pepper;
- coriander and mustard grains - 0.5 tsp;
- several seeds of caraway seeds - 2-4 pcs.;
- juniper - 3 pcs.
- You should put the cucumbers in the water for about 2 hours.
- Banks and lids need to be washed and filled with boiling water. So they should stand 5 minutes.
- Rinse all ingredients well.
- When the cucumbers are infused, you should cut the ponytails and put them tightly in a jar, but leave a small place for herbs and spices. Together with cucumbers, put chili peppers.
- Now you need to bring the water to a boil and pour it into containers. Leave the cucumbers for 10 minutes. After this, pour water and boil new to pour the cucumbers again. Again leave for the same time and drain everything.
- Now in the jars should be laid leaves, pour the rest, and pour vinegar. When everything is already laid out in banks, pour them with boiling water and tighten the lids.
- Turn over and put the lids down.
It is recommended to wrap the preservation with a blanket and leave to cool for a day or two.
Piquant cucumbers (per liter jars)
The taste of these canned cucumbers is quite peculiar. Conservation is spicy, crispy and very tasty.
For cooking, you need such products:
- pickles for pickling - 1 kg;
- a pair of leaves of parsley - 2 pcs.;
- two cloves of garlic;
- one sweet bell pepper;
- dill color - 2 pcs.;
- vinegar and sugar - 50 g each;
- salt - 20 g.
Stages of conservation:
- First you should rinse the jars with lids, as well as all the ingredients.
- In a liter jar put bay leaf, bell pepper, sliced in rings or slices, garlic and dill.
- Tightly lay the cucumbers. Previously, it is better to cut ponytails from them.
- Now you can begin to prepare the brine. To do this, you need to pour a liter of water into the pan, add salt and sugar there, boil.
- Pour vinegar and boiling brine into a jar of cucumbers.
- The brine should fill the jar to the very top. At the end, cover the neck with a lid. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- The brine is again poured into a pan, brought to a boil and poured into a jar. After this procedure, you can tighten the jar with a lid.
- Canned cucumbers must be turned upside down and put the lid down, covering with a blanket. In this state, preservation is until the next day.
Preservation should be stored at room temperature. All ingredients in the recipe are calculated per liter jar.
Products for cooking without sterilization:
- cucumbers - 4 kg;
- a glass of sunflower oil;
- 2/3 cup vinegar;
- salt - 80 g;
- a glass of sugar;
- about 8 peas of black pepper;
- large head of garlic.
The method of preparation of pickled cucumbers:
- It is necessary to wash the cucumbers and cut them into medium pieces or strips (size optional).
- Place the cucumbers in the pan. Add chopped parsley and pour it all with a glass of oil, adding vinegar. Add salt, sugar and pepper. Peel and cut the garlic into slices or cubes, add to the cucumbers.
- The prepared mixture should be infused for 5 hours. During this time, cucumbers will begin to release their juice and pickle. You can periodically mix everything.
- In the meantime, cans and lids can be washed. For such an amount, approximately 8-10 cans with a capacity of 0.5 liters are obtained.
- After 5 hours, the jars should be filled with cucumbers. The marinade, which remains in the pan, must be brought to a boil and boiled for about 3-5 minutes. Pour over all containers and close the cans with lids.
- Now you can turn the cans upside down and, having previously wrapped a blanket, leave to cool in this position.
Fermentation of cucumbers
Cucumbers preserved in this way acquire a spicy taste and aroma and are stored for a long time. The most important thing is to use clean water, best of all spring water. Cucumbers should be fresh, no more than 15 cm long. Fermentation time cannot be reduced.
For 1 three-liter jar you will need this number of products:
- fresh strong cucumbers - 2 kg;
- salt - 2 dessert spoons with a slide;
- black pepper - 12 pieces;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- Lavrushki - 2 pcs.;
- currant leaves - 2 pcs.;
- oak leaves - 2 pcs.;
- fresh dill - 20 grams;
- dried dill seeds - 5 grams;
- water - 1 liter.
- Boil water with salt.
- Pour cucumbers for 1 hour with ice water, then rinse.
- Chop the garlic and chop the dill.
- Fill currant, oak and bay leaves, pepper, dill seeds in clean jars.
- Lay the cucumbers as tightly as possible, filling the layers with dill and crushed garlic.
- Pour the cooled water with salt into the jars, not adding to the edges of about 2 cm, cover with a thick cloth and remove a non-hot place in a dark place for 5 days.
- If everything is done correctly, the fermentation process will begin - the cucumbers will ferment, the water will slightly cloud. Every day, films and mucus must be removed from the brine surface.
- Five days later, the dregs will settle to the bottom, clean the brine must be carefully drained from the cans, rinse the cucumbers several times with water and pour again with the same brine.
- Close the banks with sealed lids.
For a 3-liter jar you need:
- cucumbers - 1.5-2 kg.;
- greens for preservation - 10 g each;
- garlic - 6 cloves;
- horseradish root - 10 g;
- salt and vinegar - 50 g each;
- half a glass of sugar.
- Prepare jars with lids and rinse all foods.
- Put greens in jars, and lay cucumbers on top of it and cover them with a dill umbrella.
- Boil water and pour into a jar. After that, the water is drained and the procedure is repeated.
- Pour 1.5 liters of water into the pan, add salt with sugar and pour vinegar, completely dissolve them, gently stirring. Boil the marinade for about 5 minutes.
- Boiling marinade should pour cucumbers. But before pouring, you need to put garlic, chopped horseradish into pieces.
- Banks are poured to the very top and tightened with lids.
Inverted cans should be left under the covers for a day.
Crisps without sterilization (video)
Cucumbers according to these recipes are crispy and juicy. Even a housewife who has never dealt with sunsets will cope with such conservation. Shelf life is quite long, and the taste, aroma and texture are unsurpassed. Canned cucumbers will add spice to any dish, even if the dish itself did not work.