The two-color tea-hybrid rose Dolce Vita was bred by foreign breeders and has long become a universal favorite in many countries. It is this variety that is used to decorate festive halls, design celebrations and wedding bouquets.
The description of Dolce Vita roses corresponds to the general characteristics of all tea hybrid varieties. It is ideal for cutting and stands in bouquets for a long time, while maintaining its original freshness. The variety was bred in the Netherlands 15 years ago. The flowers are very large, the creamy white petals with a delicate border of a delicate pink tint.
The bud and flower at the opening stage have a classic goblet shape. A large bud with a diameter of 8-10 cm, terry, consists of 38 petals, opens relatively slowly, for a long time being in a half-dissolved state. Sometimes the central part of the bud has a purple or purple hue. A feature of the variety is the presence of a snow-white terry petal leaf at the base of the flowers.
Flowers can be collected in medium-sized inflorescences, brushes, but more often are located on the shoots alone. Flowering is very intense and bright, includes a whole gamut of orange and pink shades. The underside of the petals is painted in salmon pink tones. The foliage is quite thick, leathery, with a glossy surface, dark green.
The aroma is unexpressed, but very delicate and sweet, with fully opened flowers intensifies in the evening hours and in cool weather. The bush is relatively compact, 1.2-1.5 m high.
Excellent resistance to adverse weather factors and fungal infections caused a high demand for Dolce Vita variety in home gardening and landscape design.
How to prune a rose (video)
Compliance with the rules of planting and the implementation of competent care at all stages of the growing season of a rose guarantees its stable growth, full development and abundant and prolonged flowering.
- Dolce Vita rose growing area should be well lit in the morning;
- for planting, seedlings should be chosen without external damage, dried areas and signs of disease;
- Before planting, the root system of the seedling should be cut to living tissue and disinfected in a light pink solution of potassium permanganate;
- It is recommended to plant a rose in a permanent place in open ground from May to June;
- the planting pit should be half filled with a nutrient mixture of garden soil, coarse sand and organic fertilizers - manure, peat or humus;
- watering roses should be relatively rare, but plentifully, warmed up in the sun by water, in the evening or morning hours;
- for every adult bushes, it is necessary to spend 10-12 liters of water;
- Due to the pre-planting enrichment of the holes with nutrients, in the first year after planting, root dressing is not necessary;
- from the second year in the spring, it is necessary to feed the bushes with nitrogen-containing fertilizers that stimulate the plant growth process;
- in summer and autumn it is advisable to introduce special complex fertilizers or compounds based on phosphorus and potassium: this improves the winter hardiness of the crop;
- in the first year, during trimming, shoots are recommended to be shortened to 4-6 buds;
- during pruning in preparation for autumn, the aerial part of the plant needs to be shortened to 30-40 cm;
- with the onset of sustained cooling, it is necessary to provide rose bushes with a full-fledged shelter, which can be used fir spruce branches and non-woven material, such as Lutrasil.
It should be remembered that the quality of cut products is enhanced by the pinning of part of the buds and the breakdown of peduncles, activating the growth of side shoots.
Combination with other plants
To date, tea-hybrid roses are extremely popular with domestic and foreign amateur gardeners. Dolce Vita is very successfully combined with David Austin's roses. Also its various combinations with white or pastel clematis flowers are winning. Rosa Dolce Vita looks very good against the background of flowering and beautiful fruit bushes planted at least a meter away from the decorative culture.
Observance of the correct agricultural technology and consideration of varietal characteristics of the rose allows you to get a long-lasting and abundantly flowering ornamental plant, which will become a real decoration of a garden or garden plot.
Reviews of rose growers
Most often, about the Dolce Vita rose, you can find very flattering reviews. This variety attracts the close attention of amateur gardeners, florists and landscape designers with such advantages as:
- decent frost resistance, allowing rose bushes under the right shelter to easily tolerate even very severe frosts;
- uninterrupted long flowering provided timely and correct pruning;
- the possibility of multi-use: in cut, for distillation, as a decorative element;
- increased resistance to diseases and plant parasites.
According to experienced rose growers, shelters cannot be removed from bushes of this variety too early: it is return frosts that often cause the death of a plant. It should also be remembered that adverse weather factors can provoke the death of buds and staining of the border in brown.
Rose Care: Fertilizer (video)
The essential majority of tea-hybrid varieties, including the Dolce Vita rose, many rose growers attribute the difficulty of growing root seedlings in open ground. Usually, during the first two years after planting, plants build up a weak root system of the fibrous type, which can suffer greatly from drying out in summer or freezing in winter.